Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speedway Season, 2021, the Sophomore Year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Speedway Season, 2021, the Sophomore Year

    Here we go. Three hours till the ribbon flys.

    IMG_20210515_155826.jpg IMG_20210515_160209.jpg IMG_20210515_161213.jpg
    I have a pretty badly bruised rib but I've got a new bike and a little experience this year. I'm behind a few practices this season, so I'm not expecting much for the first heat.. but hoping to make the main.

    Here we go

    .
    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

    #2
    You can do it.
    Good luck.

    Comment


      #3
      Ok, great night. Won everything, was entirely untouchable. Bike worked great, I rode well. Life is good.

      ​​​​​​

      Wouldn't that be nice.... But it would also be a lie and I'd be a bitch if I didn't admit to my shitty nights too. IMG_20210515_183338.jpg

      In reality, it was a learning night.

      IMG_20210515_184121.jpg

      First heat I got a second place, the race was a race of endurance. Everyone was crashing the track was SLICK. I rode, ok, not my best but good enough for second and was leading for most of the race. I was cool wit dat.

      Because if this i figured I was in a good spot, I made not changes. This came back to bite me later.

      Second race, got a shitty start, ended up in third. Statues there for a lap and a half, when the bike shut off because I forgot to turn the fuel on. Oops.

      Again, I make no changes. After all, I was in third, doing ok, and in my head if the bike finished I would have got at least a top three.

      Race 3..... I get SMOKED. The bike is still slipping and sliding like race 1, but everyone else has been making adjustments, getting in laps and adapting to the track. I spent most of the race in 6th, of 6, then I made a pass for 5th second to last turn .

      Thank god I did because that pass was what got me into the main.

      I went back to the pits pretty defeated. Almost took off my gear cause I figured I had missed the main. But turns out, I didn't.

      The main, I finally made an adjustment. I didn't bring my tire gage, because I'm disorganized, but i let a LOT of air out the back tire, a little out the front, and moved the wheel back slightly.

      The bike was WAY better. It would slide when I needed and track when I needed. It was squirly on corner exit, but that I can deal with. But I only had 4 laps to learn what it could do and try and get the most out of it. The other guys where just plain a step ahead.



      I was 4 of 4 in the main, but had I made those changes heat two, been able to keep adjusting and stayed on top of the track I would have had a shot at a win tonight.

      Hopefully I'll get to practice tomorrow..

      I want to think that I can just man up and ride better. Maybe in D3 that plan would work, but here I need to admit the other guys are fast too, and I need to have my shit together if I want to win races.
      6
      Occupation: Model, sex worker CCS #951
      Last edited by 6; 05-15-2021, 11:28 PM.
      Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

      Comment


        #4
        Looked pretty damn solid out there 6. Bike definitely seemed hooked up.

        Comment


          #5
          That looks so fun drifting around the corners. I saw squirrelly action too. Looks like you have the feel down!
          Eric Y.
          NT663, VFR800 & Vespa LX80
          Yuzon Designworks

          Comment


            #6
            Originally Posted by DavidR8 View Post
            Looked pretty damn solid out there 6. Bike definitely seemed hooked up.
            Thanks man. It wasn't enough, being a few tenths a lap off is a lot on 15 second laps, but I need track time and to gather some data on this new bike.

            I'll get there.

            Listen, it's all about having fun and not getting hurt and racing fair and all that shit. Right?

            If be absolutely lying if I said thats why I go racing. I am not there to participate, I'm there to win. If I'm not a threat to win it's a bad day in my brain. But new bike, no track time, no data and other racers that are dialed the fuck in... It's going to happen.

            Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally Posted by 6 View Post

              Thanks man. It wasn't enough, being a few tenths a lap off is a lot on 15 second laps, but I need track time and to gather some data on this new bike.

              I'll get there.

              Listen, it's all about having fun and not getting hurt and racing fair and all that shit. Right?

              If be absolutely lying if I said thats why I go racing. I am not there to participate, I'm there to win. If I'm not a threat to win it's a bad day in my brain. But new bike, no track time, no data and other racers that are dialed the fuck in... It's going to happen.
              Oh I hear you there, I'm all over competitive.
              My brother and I used to sail together each on different boats. Every time we went out we were racing. Same when we went karting. Lift the throttle? Bahahahaha!!!!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally Posted by eyhonda View Post
                That looks so fun drifting around the corners. I saw squirrelly action too. Looks like you have the feel down!
                Ya man, squirly a/f. it can get in and get through the center okay (I say that but Trenton took me between entry and Apex haha.. But better than it had been all night). when it's time to get it to hook up and drive out the corner it's a squirly mess.

                It won't put down the power well. I'm getting smoked on the launch as well. Didn't get a hole shot all night. The only place I felt I had an advantage was corner center and even then only down low.

                Time. Data. More time. More data. Then more time with the new data, repeat. I need a note book. My memory isn't very good. Too many drugs for too long.

                It's definitely fun. Believe it or not, rear grip is what it's all about. Too little and the bike wants to over rotate, send you into the infeild or drop you. Too much, and you need to give her more throttle, so there is no such thing as too much rear grip.

                Hopefully there will be video of at least a heat win next race. US open is our next one. I took a second in the main last year at the Open. Biggest trophy I ever got. I'd like to repeat or better this year.

                I have stone dust. I want to make a track. But that may be excessive.
                Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally Posted by DavidR8 View Post

                  Oh I hear you there, I'm all over competitive.
                  My brother and I used to sail together each on different boats. Every time we went out we were racing. Same when we went karting. Lift the throttle? Bahahahaha!!!!
                  Haha. It's built in to some of us. That's for sure.
                  Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    And there where guys there I was faster than. Unfortunately they didn't make the main, so the only video I have is me getting smoked.oh well.
                    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally Posted by 6 View Post
                      I have stone dust. I want to make a track. But that may be excessive.
                      If you got acreage, make yourself a training track like Rossi's place for MotoGP young racers. That's on my bucket list to make a mini track in the backyard. Probably cheaper to have a track membership ...
                      Eric Y.
                      NT663, VFR800 & Vespa LX80
                      Yuzon Designworks

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally Posted by eyhonda View Post

                        If you got acreage, make yourself a training track like Rossi's place for MotoGP young racers. That's on my bucket list to make a mini track in the backyard. Probably cheaper to have a track membership ...
                        Unfortunately there is no track "membership" we have a track owner. You call and say can I ride today and you get a "yes" or "no" and that's it.
                        Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X