• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mavric Suspended from Yamaha for Trying to Blow HIS OWN MOTOR

Come on now..
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...n/6646658/amp/

Toddler behavior.

I could use that motor in a hawk. We all could. And this is what these spoilt kids do with them.

But for real. Can you understand the pressure and frustration that could lead to that, or do you feel there is no excuses?

Personally. I feel if you are paid to ride a motorcycle, you ride the bike to the best of your ability. If the bike is junk, you still get paid. Go out there and earn those millions and get Yamaha whatever data you can, even if it's just going through the motions for the rest of the contract.

Shit, he already bales a year early on the contract and now this.

Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

On MotoGP.com they have a video and he hits the rev limiter with the clutch in for like a second, and then does it once more. That's the extent of his "damaging" his bike that they show. Bike wasn't running OK and he spun it up to see if it revs all the way with no load. Doesn't seem like the end of the world to me. Isn't that what the rev limiter is for?
    As for the previous 4 laps of his slow speed, I haven't seen those. It doesn't seem egregious to me based on my limited information. It's not like kicking your bike (John Hopkins) or throwing it to the ground after getting off it.
    Also, he's there to win for himself and not necessarily Yamaha. That he pleases them is a bonus, but he's not being provided a competitive bike and isn't happy about it.
    Meh, we have different opinions, but that's life.
    Hawk with many differently shaped fuel tanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Henway View Post
      On MotoGP.com they have a video and he hits the rev limiter with the clutch in for like a second, and then does it once more. That's the extent of his "damaging" his bike that they show. Bike wasn't running OK and he spun it up to see if it revs all the way with no load. Doesn't seem like the end of the world to me. Isn't that what the rev limiter is for?
      As for the previous 4 laps of his slow speed, I haven't seen those. It doesn't seem egregious to me based on my limited information. It's not like kicking your bike (John Hopkins) or throwing it to the ground after getting off it.
      Also, he's there to win for himself and not necessarily Yamaha. That he pleases them is a bonus, but he's not being provided a competitive bike and isn't happy about it.
      Meh, we have different opinions, but that's life.
      The pit lane video didn't look terrible. The laps refusing to shift the bike into high seem worse to me.

Do you think Yamaha is looking for a reason to get him off the bike asap since he has decided to bale on the contract?

Comment

They were looking for an excuse to get rid of that crybaby, and now they have it. I used to think Lorenzo was mentally fragile...
        J.D. Hord
        Keeper of Engine Nomenclature, 9th Order

Comment

Vinales has checked out. Bailing on his Yamaha contract a year early was the first indicator he had lost the plot. He just couldn't handle it when Fabio showed up and started winning. While Maverick's behavior during the latest GP is in no way as egregious as Kocinski intentionally blowing up his Suzuki 250 after a race in 1993, Yamaha has to look out for the company and its resources. Plus, who wants someone clearly unable to handle pressure riding a bike at 220 mph?
          ASMA #139

Comment

Originally Posted by Hordpower View Post
            They were looking for an excuse to get rid of that crybaby, and now they have it. I used to think Lorenzo was mentally fragile...
            It definitely does seem like they where done with him.

The fanboy in me has a fantasy of seeing Vale finish his career on a factory Yamaha. I know it won't happen, but it would be so cool.

If he can't handle the Yamaha, how is he going to do at Aprilia?

Comment

The competitor in me says he should have rode that machine to the best of his ability even if it was junk. If he did in fact ride irresponsibly, I find it hard that another company would sign him. If he was that upset with Yamaha, he should have just went home and cut his loses. Even if he had to give up the rest of his pay for sitting out the rest of the season. Sounds like he's very talented. Maybe he should ride for a few years using his own money to build a competitive bike?

drvmax
              Electronic God
              Last edited by drvmax; 08-14-2021, 09:45 AM. Reason: correcting auto correct

Comment

The great racers back in the day, think Sterling Moss, John Surtees, Kenny Roberts-- had the ability to go fast and save the equipment. Maybe it was because they started out on their own nickel? Maybe it was their professional ethic?

"A poor craftsman blames his tools."
                Last edited by ricksax; 08-14-2021, 09:46 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Originally Posted by ricksax View Post
                  The great racers back in the day, think Sterling Moss, John Surtees, Kenny Roberts-- had the ability to go fast and save the equipment. Maybe it was because they started out on their own nickel? Maybe it was their professional ethic?

"A poor craftsman blames his tools."
                  Probably has as much to do with it as anything. I suspect a guy that is given a ride may never have quite as much appreciation for the gear (or others) as a guy who has paid for their ride.
                  88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
                  89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
                  90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Comment

Originally Posted by Talon View Post
                    Vinales has checked out. Bailing on his Yamaha contract a year early was the first indicator he had lost the plot. He just couldn't handle it when Fabio showed up and started winning. While Maverick's behavior during the latest GP is in no way as egregious as Kocinski intentionally blowing up his Suzuki 250 after a race in 1993, Yamaha has to look out for the company and its resources. Plus, who wants someone clearly unable to handle pressure riding a bike at 220 mph?
                    Kocinski.....Oh yeah,that guy could ride.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hordpower View Post
                      Tell us what you really think........

Comment

Just watched a one minute video with Vinales apologizing to Yamaha and saying he was frustrated for some time

Gee! That frustration must have freeze-dried his brain! These guys know that everything they do is analysed and publically visible ... every flinch, shmirk, frown, tear, fart and crotch-grab! Pretty dumb Fernando
                        Bi-Coastal U.S.A.: Los Angeles, CA and Long Island, NY

Comment

Originally Posted by jspeed53 View Post
                          Just watched a one minute video with Vinales apologizing to Yamaha and saying he was frustrated for some time

Gee! That frustration must have freeze-dried his brain! These guys know that everything they do is analysed and publically visible ... every flinch, shmirk, frown, tear, fart and crotch-grab! Pretty dumb Fernando
                          I didn't think that apology helped Mav at all.

He admitted that what he did was wrong, admitted he did it on purpose, admitted it was out of the norm for a reaction of frustration (whether rightly or wrongly). But it didn't to much as far as mending any fences with the team.

I figured the move there was to go all in, one way or another.

Either be like "yo, I was struggling with this bike forever! Other riders have done far worse being frustrated with lesser issues than I had!"

Or..

​​​​​​"I know the engine guys work hard, I know the team is trying those best. Yamaha is doing everything they can to put the best bike under me they can. I let my team down by letting my frustrations get the best of me. Sorry for undermining everyone's hard work. I know my team needs more from me as a leader. I got frustrated and my frustrations got the best of me but I got frustrated because I care about getting these guys the results that they deserve."

But the "ya, my bad" that we got, didn't do much for him I feel.

Comment

Isn't there a PR person/coach on every team? They've got team chefs and massage therapists and the person responsible for setting up the hospitality tent, but no one to talk to the riders and coaching them on what to say to get across their feelings and to sound not like a spoiled idiot? What 6 wrote as a good excuse/explanation could be said verbatim and everyone's happy and no one looks bad. PR is why racing teams are there racing, I'm just surprised Yamaha isn't taking it more seriously and that they let him shoot himself in the foot. Or maybe that was the plan. I know one of the top riders only slightly--I should ask him how involved PR people are with the riders in molding their statements.
                            Hawk with many differently shaped fuel tanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Henway View Post
                              Isn't there a PR person/coach on every team? They've got team chefs and massage therapists and the person responsible for setting up the hospitality tent, but no one to talk to the riders and coaching them on what to say to get across their feelings and to sound not like a spoiled idiot? What 6 wrote as a good excuse/explanation could be said verbatim and everyone's happy and no one looks bad. PR is why racing teams are there racing, I'm just surprised Yamaha isn't taking it more seriously and that they let him shoot himself in the foot. Or maybe that was the plan. I know one of the top riders only slightly--I should ask him how involved PR people are with the riders in molding their statements.
                              Every big money sport has its "meet the press rules." Golf even. Win or lose, you have to go into the media room and face the cameras and questions. Some athletes are better than others. When Phil Mickelson loses, he smiles. When he wins he smiles. A real pro. If you watch ESPN, you know that many of the answers are formulaic. If you can't handle the PR part of it, you will never be venerated like Mario Andretti.

Comment

Working...
                              X