Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing case covers?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Racing case covers?

    So, going down my checklist to get the hawk race ready, I have thought of everything... except for case covers. I somehow totally missed this. The org I race with requires case covers for all bikes being run (CVMA). We also don't run a vintage class.


    I have seen some online photos of hawks with different looking cases but have been unsuccessful in finding any info.

    Is there a home brewed solution any of you privateers have come up with? Any info or pictures to get me going would be great.
    BLACK ON RED(mostly black) '03 Z1K
    scratches scrapes and bruises...
    vortex 15t front sprocket
    mivv titanium GP slip ons
    flying K case slider inserts
    2007 zx6r rear shock
    blacked out bits and pieces
    front and rear LED sigs
    motrax bar end mirrors
    home made tail tidy
    single seat cowl
    pro taper minis
    shogun sliders
    black seat
    air box mod

    styyllleeee

    and boy is she a looker!

    #2
    Are frame sliders acceptable? The hawk does not really have vulnerable cases, provided you install frame sliders at the engine mount and use fixed (non folding) pegs.

    I have some ideas if that is no good, but I would ask if sliders are acceptable. The hawk has been raced for many years, and is not known for oiling the track in a crash.

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks riot Ive reached out to the org to get some guidance. If not my next route is to go with some home made carbon covers.
      Something along these lines.



      I do have some frame sliders on the bike right now that will be coming off to mock and mount fairings. They were made by a forum member here long ago. Can't remember who.

      Did make some progress on the back end of the hawk this weekend, so that was nice. Will start typing up a build thread here soon I think.
      BLACK ON RED(mostly black) '03 Z1K
      scratches scrapes and bruises...
      vortex 15t front sprocket
      mivv titanium GP slip ons
      flying K case slider inserts
      2007 zx6r rear shock
      blacked out bits and pieces
      front and rear LED sigs
      motrax bar end mirrors
      home made tail tidy
      single seat cowl
      pro taper minis
      shogun sliders
      black seat
      air box mod

      styyllleeee

      and boy is she a looker!

      Comment


        #4
        While I am skeptical about those carbon over covers adding much protection, it think someone (would have to have been Luis), made some for a hawk at one point.

        Aside from the frame sliders I already mentioned, I was thinking perhaps you could bolt a bit of Delrin onto the alternator cover. Really the alternator cover is the only spot that is even scratched in a crash.

        Comment


          #5
          Yeah the carbon cover would be more to appease the powers that be. Though my friend and I were toying with the idea of 3D scanning and a large block of delrin meeting a cnc machine
          BLACK ON RED(mostly black) '03 Z1K
          scratches scrapes and bruises...
          vortex 15t front sprocket
          mivv titanium GP slip ons
          flying K case slider inserts
          2007 zx6r rear shock
          blacked out bits and pieces
          front and rear LED sigs
          motrax bar end mirrors
          home made tail tidy
          single seat cowl
          pro taper minis
          shogun sliders
          black seat
          air box mod

          styyllleeee

          and boy is she a looker!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally Posted by cheskonator View Post
            Though my friend and I were toying with the idea of 3D scanning and a large block of delrin meeting a cnc machine
            Yes. Check out this video:



            Do it. I will buy one.


            Comment


              #7
              I like how he says he'll show us "Just how easy it is...", then launches into a 20 step 40hr project!

              Comment


                #8
                I have some carbon fiber case covers. But not really thick only 1mm the cases are thick enoug... I think i send @6 a set for testing i hope he didn't...
                but if the look is not important you can glue some aluminium on the top and add another layer of carbon or kevlar fiber on top...
                Last edited by Luis; 10-11-2022, 12:58 PM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally Posted by Luis View Post
                  I have some carbon fiber case covers. But not really thick only 1mm the cases are thick enoug... I think i send @6 a set for testing i hope he didn't...
                  but if the look is not important you can glue some aluminium on the top and add another layer of carbon or kevlar fiber on top...
                  The look is not important its all about passing tech!
                  BLACK ON RED(mostly black) '03 Z1K
                  scratches scrapes and bruises...
                  vortex 15t front sprocket
                  mivv titanium GP slip ons
                  flying K case slider inserts
                  2007 zx6r rear shock
                  blacked out bits and pieces
                  front and rear LED sigs
                  motrax bar end mirrors
                  home made tail tidy
                  single seat cowl
                  pro taper minis
                  shogun sliders
                  black seat
                  air box mod

                  styyllleeee

                  and boy is she a looker!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I only have full cf covers, prices are not actual because shipping cost increases a little bit (200%) so that I decide to not made and ship parts worldwide anymore. but I know that somebody wants a set to overseas and have i think 5 sets here so maybe I can send one box with 2 sets

                    Sprocket cover 95$ Chainguard 120$ engine Strator and clutch covers 140$ Cf side panels 165$ sprocket cover and Chainguard set 200$ all prices shipped worldwide

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally Posted by Luis View Post
                      I only have full cf covers, prices are not actual because shipping cost increases a little bit (200%) so that I decide to not made and ship parts worldwide anymore. but I know that somebody wants a set to overseas and have i think 5 sets here so maybe I can send one box with 2 sets

                      https://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/ho...-cf-chainguard
                      please PM me I will take 2 sets! I’m in CA 92078
                      BLACK ON RED(mostly black) '03 Z1K
                      scratches scrapes and bruises...
                      vortex 15t front sprocket
                      mivv titanium GP slip ons
                      flying K case slider inserts
                      2007 zx6r rear shock
                      blacked out bits and pieces
                      front and rear LED sigs
                      motrax bar end mirrors
                      home made tail tidy
                      single seat cowl
                      pro taper minis
                      shogun sliders
                      black seat
                      air box mod

                      styyllleeee

                      and boy is she a looker!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally Posted by cheskonator View Post

                        please PM me I will take 2 sets! I’m in CA 92078
                        The quality is absolutely unreal! You won't be disappointed.
                        Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally Posted by 6 View Post

                          The quality is absolutely unreal! You won't be disappointed.
                          Looks like it!
                          BLACK ON RED(mostly black) '03 Z1K
                          scratches scrapes and bruises...
                          vortex 15t front sprocket
                          mivv titanium GP slip ons
                          flying K case slider inserts
                          2007 zx6r rear shock
                          blacked out bits and pieces
                          front and rear LED sigs
                          motrax bar end mirrors
                          home made tail tidy
                          single seat cowl
                          pro taper minis
                          shogun sliders
                          black seat
                          air box mod

                          styyllleeee

                          and boy is she a looker!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I found exactly 3 sets i know that owl wants 1 set months ago but i dont know if its still actuall and you wants 2 sets i think that ok...
                            I only want to send 1 box overseas and they are boxed i know I say I will send you pics but I forgot my phone at home...
                            So, send me your shippinh address and i will send you the 3 sets if member owl dont want it anymore we will see what we can do with the last one...

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally Posted by Luis View Post
                              I found exactly 3 sets i know that owl wants 1 set months ago but i dont know if its still actuall and you wants 2 sets i think that ok...
                              I only want to send 1 box overseas and they are boxed i know I say I will send you pics but I forgot my phone at home...
                              So, send me your shippinh address and i will send you the 3 sets if member owl dont want it anymore we will see what we can do with the last one...
                              Pm Sent!
                              BLACK ON RED(mostly black) '03 Z1K
                              scratches scrapes and bruises...
                              vortex 15t front sprocket
                              mivv titanium GP slip ons
                              flying K case slider inserts
                              2007 zx6r rear shock
                              blacked out bits and pieces
                              front and rear LED sigs
                              motrax bar end mirrors
                              home made tail tidy
                              single seat cowl
                              pro taper minis
                              shogun sliders
                              black seat
                              air box mod

                              styyllleeee

                              and boy is she a looker!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X