Bike where I work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike where I work

Here are some pictures of my bike in the bike parking lot across the street from work on a nice day last fall. It's third from the left, if you count the scooter.
    The most bikes we have had at work was 14 out of a crew of about 40.

And here is the same lot a few days later on a rainy day. Feeling lonely.

I think the other bike is an old Buell thumper. Half the bikes are BMWs.

We could start our own club! On a sunny day anyways.

And here is a pic of my new (old) bike, not on the road just yet.

Suzuki Intruder 800cc. Not a Hawk, but at least it's a V-Twin. Gotta have something with some chrome on it!

I guess maroon is my color.
    Any thing worth doing is worth overdoing.
    I'm not riding too fast, I'm flying too low...

Work to ride :: Ride to work!

Comment

Shouldn't it be "work to live, live to ride, ride to work"?
      -God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me.

Comment

Nice Intruder! I am in the market for a cruiser to ride on long road trips, and I love the look of those Intruders. My buddy has a newer intruder and with all his "accesories" it looks kind of like a chopper.
        -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
        Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

"Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

"Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

Comment

Originally Posted by icycle
          Shouldn't it be "work to live, live to ride, ride to work"?
          I dunno, thats just what a sticker that came with my Aerostich said. I think its one of their company mottos that and "NSD--Never Say Die"

Comment

its great to see bike being parked without having to lock them up. where i work i have a stearing lock , disc lock, dirty big chain , immobiliser & alark and the lot is chained to a post.
            Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.

Comment

in an office of about 30 people there are three bikes
              and im the only one that rides to work on a regular basis weather permiting
              1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

Lock

We watch each others bikes. My fairing will not allow me to lock my tree. I'm too lazy too lock my disk. Building security takes care of the times me and my buddies can't watch them.

Comment

Where I work there are about 10-12 guys that ride, every year we have a company ride. It's a great mix of riders, have ride Harley/Cruisers, and the other half ride sport bikes. I ride in when weather permits also, too bad it's only a 15min ride to work.
                  -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
                  Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

"Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

"Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

Comment

As maybe the resident harley guy I can tell you that the bike is not an old buell thumper . Buell does make a thumper, the blast, which is created by leaving the rear cylinder off the sportster engine! The v-twin buells are all based on the harley sportster engine, which dates from like 1956. Buells are not unlike the hawk gt/bros- v-twin, very flickable, sporty. They differ in that the buell is an aircooled, pushrod engine ( the cam is driven by a gear off the crankshaft, which push rods that go up through the tubes you see on the right side of the engine to activate the valves which are on top- this is the way all harley engines work except the v-rod). The newer buells are full of new thinking- the gas tank is the frame, the oil tank is the swing arm. And they are getting over 100 horse power from that aircool push rod antique of an engine design!
                    '88 Hawk GT
                    '89 Harley FXSTC
                    2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

Yep

It was a "88 Honda NX 650. Same year as my Hawk. Thanks for the correction. My friend is looking for a new one but I guess Honda does not make single cylinder bikes anymore.

Comment

I was looking at an NX125 recently...

Honda makes thumpers still. Just not streetbikes.
                        BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
                        Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
                        "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Working...
                        X