Tree Damage Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree Damage Pics

Here are the pics I said I'd post with my tent trailer under a tree up camping:

This happened this july 13th (on a friday at that) at Lake Kachess in washington
    Luckily no one was inside, in fact my wife and her friend got out of it about 10-15 mins before it happened

This guy got it too
    -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
    Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

"Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

"Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

okay, silly question, why did the tree fall? was it dead or a storm???
    1988 Honda Hawk
    mcra track crash truck

Comment

it was a freak wind storm that only lasted for about 30mins. the storm stretched from almost the ocean to the middle of washington and went north, again, the storm only lasted about 30 mins. some people were like....what wind storm?

Comment

Man, that`s a shame. still, luckily no one was inside
        What was the start of all this?
        When did the cogs of my Hawk begin to turn?
        Perhaps it is impossible to grasp the answer now,
        from deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then,
        I loved it so much, yet hated so many.
        I hurt others and was hurt myself...

Yet even then, I rode like the wind,
        whilst my laughter echoed
        under cerulean skies...

Comment

Damn, that's bad luck. I take it you were insured?
          '88 Bros NT650J
          Progressive fork springs, '93 CBR600 F2 fork caps, CBR900RR rear shock, Puig 'Raptor' fly screen
          Fabitappi Monoposto seat cover, Heated grips, Braided brake lines, Buell indicators/turn signals
          Ceramic coated stock headers with custom Yoshi shorty muffler & Muzzy collector

Comment

Your wife was lucky! That would have been bad...

our wind storm only lasted about 3 to 5 minutes. But the damage accross New York, Vermont and New hampshire is in the millions.

Ours was 90mph.... I can't imagine what the place would look like if a hurricane like dean slid over at 140mph for three hours
            '88 Hawk GT
            '89 Harley FXSTC
            2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

Holyshiznat dude. You can forget about playing the lotto forever, your and your wifes luck is done. Man, I'm so glad she wasn't inside.
              Hawkless... Traded it back for my assault rifle.

Comment

Yeah back in December I think it was we had a major wind storm that knocked out most of western washington, probably the same thing that happened in New York area, except in lasted most of the night here. There was huge damage across the state, I think most of western Washington was without power for a week. My place was only out for 4 days, but my buddy was out for 6 days. Motorpsycho can attest to that too, he lives close by.

I worked for a large roofing company at the time and I think they are still doing storm damage repairs from that wind storm.

Comment

It was a bit chilly for a while,

My house was not to bad but my neighbor said his house was moving up and down 3-4 feet. Of course he was on post and pier with 100 yr old trees surrounding his house. The wind eventually ripped three of them right out of the ground, roots and all. They where stacked like lincoln logs all around his house. One was like 6" away from his bedroom window. Miraculously none hit. But I work in an office with 100+ people and I think we had 5 people that had a tree come throught their roof that night.

Craziness.
                  ARRH Don't mind me, that's just the scurvy talkin!

Comment

Jeezus
                    1988 "BlackHawk" project
                    1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
                    1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
                    People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

Re: Tree Damage Pics

That'll buff right out

Originally Posted by Stevenjhow
                      This guy got it too
                      Lord Squidward of FloriDUH

Comment

Rich G

Comment

You know what really blows??? My life and the trees around it! Check this out, I am about to leave for Vegas on Friday after work for my anniversary, I had a shitty day at work, traffic sucked balls, I still had to buy my wife something, and our plane was leaving in a couple hours......I was stressed the F*@K OUT! This is what I pulled up to when I got home from work......

I can't believe it, twice in 3 months my stuff got hit by a tree, and it wasn't even windy on Friday, it was beautiful out
                          I must have pissed on some ancient burial ground or something

Comment

Man, that really blows....

sorry it just came out.

but still, that really sucks! Good thing your hawk wasn't parked there
                            '88 Hawk GT
                            '89 Harley FXSTC
                            2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

very true, I feel much better now

Comment

Working...
                              X