1098 Test ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1098 Test ride

I rode the Hawk to Detroit a couple weeks ago to visit my buddy there. His 1098 is back from the shop and good as new.

I took a couple shots with my phone since I lost my camera.

No I didn't ride in that outfit... I changed after we got back.
    I learned a couple things, that bike is CRAZY fast , the Hawk stock seat is WAY more cumfy, at top speed I cannot keep up, and I need alot more money so I can get one. Its a great bike to ride on. Words cannot descibe it. Lets just say I had a really big grin on my face going down the road. I still say the Hawk is a little more fun because its so flickable but maybe with a little more time on the Duc I would feel more comfortable.
    I also learned that 4 hrs on the stock seat of the Hawk really makes my ass sore. Next time screw looks I'll put the corbin on regardless of the elevated passenger area.
    -God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me.

I saw one at a trackday, damn those are nice wheels!

Comment

He has the bent wheel from the accident but it still had the 190 on it. I was really thinking of seeing if it would fit. If I only was there a little longer...
      -God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me.

Comment

I'm so jealous.
        That is a fantastic looking bike. I've got it on my computer desktop. Dont know if I could afford the cost of ownership, but would give most anything for a responsible ride on one.
        -I'm sorry....I did not know she was your sister.
        -If Buckleys cold mixture went rancid......how would anybody know????
        -Dont piss off the quiet guy with the chain saw.

Comment

That is a beautiful bike. Ducati sure knows how to put sexy in a machine!
          '88 Hawk GT
          '89 Harley FXSTC
          2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

Re: 1098 Test ride

Originally Posted by icycle
            I also learned that 4 hrs on the stock seat of the Hawk really makes my ass sore. Next time screw looks I'll put the corbin on regardless of the elevated passenger area.
            I thought I was the only one with a delicate ass. My ass also started hurting like hell after 3-4 hours. is the stock seat so uncomfortable? or is it just me?
            What was the start of all this?
            When did the cogs of my Hawk begin to turn?
            Perhaps it is impossible to grasp the answer now,
            from deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then,
            I loved it so much, yet hated so many.
            I hurt others and was hurt myself...

Yet even then, I rode like the wind,
            whilst my laughter echoed
            under cerulean skies...

Comment

Originally Posted by Dash
              I thought I was the only one with a delicate ass. My ass also started hurting like hell after 3-4 hours. is the stock seat so uncomfortable? or is it just me?
              The stock seat numbs my butt in about 1 1/2 hour. My Corbin Gunfighter does it in about 45 mins. But I'm 'slim' @ 140 lbs

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk
                The stock seat numbs my butt in about 1 1/2 hour. My Corbin Gunfighter does it in about 45 mins. But I'm 'slim' @ 140 lbs
                Well, I`don`t feel like re-building the seat right now. I`ll just cope with a tingeling ass for the time being.

under cerulean skies...

Comment

Well, I`don`t feel like re-building the seat right now. I`ll just cope with a tingeling ass for the time being.
                  That's just what I'm in the middle of doing, rebuilding the stock seat. I will post a report when it's all done, possibly next week. I have a Corbin G&L for taking the wife on so am using that during the re-upholstery, which means I'm taking my sweet time with it.

E

Comment

Originally Posted by SkinnE
                    That's just what I'm in the middle of doing, rebuilding the stock seat. I will post a report when it's all done, possibly next week. I have a Corbin G&L for taking the wife on so am using that during the re-upholstery, which means I'm taking my sweet time with it.

E
                    Let us know when it`s done. and wether it saves you arse grief or not :P

under cerulean skies...

Comment

The ride to Detroit, 4 hrs, wasn't all that bad. Pretty sore after that.
                      The ride around Detroit the next day, 3-4 hrs, with many stops. Pretty sore.
                      The ride back from Detroit, 4 hrs, I was dying from pain.
                      I have ridden on my Corbin for 10 hrs straight (just stopped for food and gas) and not been as sore as I was on this weekend.

Comment

i think theres something wrong with me.
                        ive NEVER had my butt sore from riding.. and ive ridden 20+ hour days... i currently ride with a hiperform tail... and no seatpad... if i ride for more then 6 hours, i feel a little "buzzy-numb" but thats everywhere.. not just my butt or anything..

i think its because i sit on my ass all day at work anyway.. LOL! well that, and ive been riding bikes (bicycle bikes) since i could walk..
                        maybe i have an ass callus.. LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X