Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And now for a taste of things to come........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now for a taste of things to come........

Here is my half-assed attempt to get an idea of where to start with the hawks new clothes....any sugestions?

Lord Squidward of FloriDUH

What kind of suggestions?
    It looks good already!!

Comment

Originally Posted by brewsy
      What kind of suggestions?
      It looks good already!!
      just on some tweaks...i gotta make sure it clears the motor when it comes back from the shop...and the tank...hows it all flow?

Comment

With the larger tank (CBR?) and the contoured tail will make a nice cockpit. I think you will be happy with the out come. Nice work.

Comment

Originally Posted by SlyHawk
          With the larger tank (CBR?) and the contoured tail will make a nice cockpit. I think you will be happy with the out come. Nice work.
          yeah...cbr600f3

was going for a vfr400 tank...but i keep getting out bid whilst im at work.....still looking though

Comment

Tyga Body work? I'm still waiting for mine. Stock rad if not me and Jd have clearence problem with lower?keep us posted when motor goes in.
            sv
            1\2 Liter Duc Eater

Comment

No, no - the tank is PERFECT! How'd you get it to fit? Was there much to modify? I'm WAY jealous - you've just made a Hawk look better than an R1 (a personal favorite)!!! The USD forks, everything blacked out, the way the tank flows with the tail and the positioning of the upper fairing... dude, it's perfect! Now, don't go ruining the slick look with conventional lights - use projector beams, stacked vertically like the Duc 999! unless it's a track-only bike, in which case that's not an issue.

Actually, there's a guy from HI who recently sold his yellow Hawk, who put in just one projector - it was placed to one side and it looked SICK.

1988 "BlackHawk" project
              1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
              1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
              People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

No lights at all...this is my track bike....im hoping to do a RVF400 tank though...it will work perfectly with the tail cuz its made for it, plus it is exactly the right width....so this f3 tank may be for sale

Comment

How did you mount the front of the fairing Douglas? You weld on a mount to steering head? Is that the RVF.
                  Lynn
                  ATGATT

Comment

I'm not assuming...

Undertail exhaust? Getting the pipe(s) routed to minimize melted plastic may be a challenge.

You've risen to a big challenge already! Very nice! Keep us posted!
                    Mark
                    88 HawkGT (original owner)
                    99 Concours
                    02 VFR800

Comment

Originally Posted by Tusk
                      I'm not assuming...

Undertail exhaust? Getting the pipe(s) routed to minimize melted plastic may be a challenge.

You've risen to a big challenge already! Very nice! Keep us posted!
                      I am thinking undertail, or a dual GP style, Undertail and stubby right exit. still have to work it all out, may be dropping the motor back in this weekend....undertail should not be an issue cuz its all fiberglass...with the right heatshielding it will be a non issue....sub frame is going to be chro-moly tressled...should be very nice, I will be machining alot of parts for it, so we will see if anything I make will make you Hawks happier as well....rearsets are on the table......have to do some R/D

Comment

Actually, the red bike's not mine - it used to be Dave's, the guy from HI. He painted it screaming yellow and sold it.

TJ, what year CBR600F3 tank is that? Not sure if it matters... How hard was it to fit it to the Hawk? It looks really good on there, and I'm looking for a tank with a larger profile, something with lines that are higher than the level of the Hawk's triple tree and the protruding fork tops (Duc Monster-style, you know? Aggressive.) If you decide to go with a different tank and that one's already set up for the Hawk, I'm buyin'.
                        1988 "BlackHawk" project
                        1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
                        1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
                        People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

Well..I am kind of stuck right now.....i need to eiher take my girls tank off and see how its gonna fit, or wait for the one coming from thailand..and then i can decide, the subframe cannot be built until i have that all sorted...once that happens , i can then try to start to fit/modify the fairings ...then I will be machining my rearsets, sliders, damper brackets, etc. The bike will be very unique in many ways...but, will not be hacked, i am not about just getting it to work...form and function are paramount with this project...but if the F3 tank is not utilized, its yours...i only paid 45 shipped for it, and i have repaired the little dents it already, and its prepped for paint, so i would think 45 shipped for it would be fair

Originally Posted by douglas.thompson
                          Actually, the red bike's not mine - it used to be Dave's, the guy from HI. He painted it screaming yellow and sold it.

TJ, what year CBR600F3 tank is that? Not sure if it matters... How hard was it to fit it to the Hawk? It looks really good on there, and I'm looking for a tank with a larger profile, something with lines that are higher than the level of the Hawk's triple tree and the protruding fork tops (Duc Monster-style, you know? Aggressive.) If you decide to go with a different tank and that one's already set up for the Hawk, I'm buyin'.

Comment

Working...
                          X