Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Hawk Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Custom Hawk Project

    Just picked up this exciting hawk for $1000. The owner built this for his wife that ended up getting a different bike, they did all this work and never rode it once? haha Im dying to ride it! Well they didnt finish some electical and other things and Its been siting for about 6 years. I need to completely go through her and tidy up some thing but looks like it should be a fun rider. I will post more pics as I go.
    Attached Files

    #2
    Sweet looking project. Seriously, the chain is too tight. Ride it like that and you’ll damage the output shaft.

    couple of things I noticed, you’re missing the tank rubbers that go on the side, and you need to get a support strap on that muffler or else the vibrations can lead to damage at the heads. What are your plans for it?
    Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
    I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

    Comment


      #3
      Looks really good, good price you got it for. What tail is that?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
        Looks really good, good price you got it for. What tail is that?
        Rs125

        Comment


          #5
          First Hawk with chrome rims.

          Comment


            #6
            I like the seat. I wish i had a seat...

            Comment


              #7
              Originally Posted by mparker View Post
              I like the seat. I wish i had a seat...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally Posted by 69Falcon View Post
                Sweet looking project. Seriously, the chain is too tight. Ride it like that and you’ll damage the output shaft.

                couple of things I noticed, you’re missing the tank rubbers that go on the side, and you need to get a support strap on that muffler or else the vibrations can lead to damage at the heads. What are your plans for it?
                Thanks for your input, yea I realize the chain is too tight its also rusted, would never ride it like that. Bike has been siting for years, my plans are to first get the motor-brakes- electrical ect.. all in working order and get it to be a rider, then some final cosmetics. I don't know how well its going to handle yet, its very low kinda slammed, but it looks cool next to my other hawk.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally Posted by 75GL1000 View Post

                  Thanks for your input, yea I realize the chain is too tight its also rusted, would never ride it like that. Bike has been siting for years, my plans are to first get the motor-brakes- electrical ect.. all in working order and get it to be a rider, then some final cosmetics. I don't know how well its going to handle yet, its very low kinda slammed, but it looks cool next to my other hawk.
                  Other Hawk ? House rule ...

                  ☆☆☆ Pictures or it didn't happen. ☆☆☆

                  Welcome to the cult

                  Aloha Spa
                  (Moderator)
                  "Hawk Porn" http://picasaweb.google.com/11124379...eat=directlink 1990 NT650-Penske 8981, Race-tech Springs & Gold Valves, Steve Lenac six-piston caliper & EBC rotor,SS Brake lines Ft / Rear lines through SSA ,VFR brake lever, F2 front wheel, F-120/70 R-160/60 Dunlop Roadsmart, Full-Supertrapp Exhaust, Stage 1 Jet kit, K&N Filter, Corbin Seat, Pro-Tec Clip-On's/ Past Rides...1986 VFR700F2 Interceptor / 1979 Yamaha Rd400 Daytona Special

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Geeze!! Another low-buck SoCal deal! Looks great Mr. 75GL1000 ...

                    I have to back up Mr. SPA ... more pics please!
                    Bi-Coastal U.S.A.: Los Angeles, CA and Long Island, NY

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Finally got some time off work!! I cleaned the carbs, did a valve adj. got the basics on the electrical done and BAM it fired right up. Motor sounds good, gotta get rid of that ugly exhaust and theres no baffle anyway so you know my neighbors loved that haha. I took a few pics here.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                        #12
                        WOW woops sorry I don't know wtf I did there with the pics.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X