I traded a fish tank for a Hawk part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I traded a fish tank for a Hawk part 3

Hey everyone! I dont get on here as much as I should. Im sorry Im so late to posting on the actual site that got me to where the bike is now! If it weren't for everyone here, my crazy frankenstein bike probably wouldn't have turned out the way it did.
    Id like to thank flyinelvis for the seat and subframe reload for the sliders frinesi2 for the chain roller and BonnieKay for the help with the rear subframe, Evan Perry for the rear spindle mod. THANK YOU! Each of you were a pleasure to do business with.
    Anyway, the Hawk is probably 98% completed with small little things to do, things always change overtime, but this is how it sits for now and will be my commuter as soon as the temperatures come up a couple degrees.
    Thanks for taking the time to check out my funky project!
    Chris

Comment

.​​​​​​.
      Brian - Richland, WA
      1991 Hawk GT
      1997 VFR

Comment

nice
        Gino
        Chain Roller

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY

2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
        2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
        2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
        LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
        ECK RACING

Comment

Nice. I like it. Those wheels are extremely green.
          Suzondacati Build Thread

Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

Various parts for sale

Comment

Did the tank rust because the fenders aren't there to block water?

Welcome.

We have the fenders and paint you need

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk View Post
              Did the tank rust because the fenders aren't there to block water?

Welcome.

We have the fenders and paint you need
              Yes, I only ride in the rain. You have the fenders and paint, sounds good. Please send them to me. Bless

Comment

I know, what rain, right?

The paint is on the way. It might dry before it reaches you though.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Looks good. A nice mix of elements.

Comment

Iím going with the same headlight/headlight ears on my build. Has a good looking stance. Also not crazy about the colours but thatís just a case of personal taste. Ducati rear and the left side exhaust are create a pretty unique looking build
                    Last edited by Architecterre; 03-29-2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Did you clear the tank or leave it to evolve? Matte or gloss coating?

is there green led inside the frame rail.

Comment

How nice

Comment

Originally Posted by nozzle View Post
                          Did you clear the tank or leave it to evolve? Matte or gloss coating?

is there green led inside the frame rail.
                          I will be deciding on whether to keep the patina or do a proper paint job on the tank at the end of the season, it currently is not.
                          Absolutley no LEDs in the frame rail..

Comment

That green has a life of its own! Keep an eye on it, or it will install the underglow . I have a Ďnaturalí tank that I thought might look good enough, but then found myself thinking I was just being lazy.. but your bike confirms the brilliance in having a natural look. nice pictures - thanks for sharing. Donít be a stranger in spite of all the shenanigans that are Hawk+.

Comment

Back story to this: I had one of the ďLurkersĒ show an interest in the seat, subframe, etc. Same guy that had contacted me several times about a Fabian cowl, but never could seem to get it together to actually purchase one. Busthead had shown an interest too, but had apparently outspent his budget (at least in his wifeís eyes). But I had seen some of his work online and thought it best if the parts ended up with him instead of the Lurker. So I cut him a bit of a deal and shipped the parts. And Iím so glad I did. A really cool build, not your ordinary, everyday, run of the mill Hawk. Nice job!
                              This forum is entirely dedicated to wasting time and money modifying a slow motorcycle. - joel

Nothing like a project to keep you busy, slowly draining funds out of the wallet! - spacetiger

Our Hawks have all the power any mature, sensible rider can use on any street or highway without carrying around excessively unnecessary big-bore weight and power - squirrelman

Bike builds can be and most time are art and expression. To take something mass produced and impersonal and make something personal that you can't stop staring at as you walk away. There is nothing I find more satisfying than looking at something cool and beautiful and thinking "I made that". - 6

Comment

Working...
                              X