Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New arrival - to forum - to Hawk

Hi everyone,

This sweetie called my name and the stars shined, allowing us to come together (my wife said yes) - I think I am the 3rd owner, last one still had the original receipts and parts from last owner, and appears to only have had this baby for 7 months before circumstances forced a sale to my benefit.

Seems to have been Dyna-jetted, progressive springs back in the 90s, steel brake lines. Pretty stock I think. 60k, runs great.

hawk3.jpghawk1.jpghawk2.jpg
    My ride: 89 Hawk (red)

Welcome aboard. Truly a museum piece. If you change it, save all the stock parts!

Comment

A survivor.
      Also has the rarely seen aftermarket side covers.
      Embrace science, not politicians.

'88 Blue 99% stock
      '88 Restomod
      '16 Yamaha FJ-09

Comment

Welcome! Looks great!
        Bi-Coastal U.S.A.: Los Angeles, CA and Long Island, NY

Comment

Somebody took care of that baby, I’m sure you will too!

Comment

Welcome, don't you just love it when the stars are shining and the wife is agreeing.

Comment

i'd shoot meself in de head b4 i'd let a wife decide any bike matters, ya no ?
              "It's only getting worse."

MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

Comment

Originally Posted by squirrelman View Post
                i'd shoot meself in de head b4 i'd let a wife decide any bike matters, ya no ?
                I know, right?? In this case, a diplomatic approach seemed best
                My ride: 89 Hawk (red)

Comment

loving that wind screen!

Comment

Seems to have all the available extras from when they were new; luggage rack, Corbin gunfighter&lady, side covers, tank bra and the windscreen.
                    Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
                    I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Working...
                    X