Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First proper ride of the year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    First proper ride of the year

    filedata/fetch?id=958008&d=1650817061&type=thumb filedata/fetch?id=958009&d=1650817061&type=thumb filedata/fetch?id=958010&d=1650817064&type=thumb filedata/fetch?id=958007&d=1650817060&type=thumb Had a grand day out playing on narrow twisty roads in and around the Forest of Bowland in Lancashire and West Yorkshire. Wasn't particularly warm and was very windy but that probably kept the metal boxes down to a reasonable number. Roads were bone dry and grippy apart from the usual sheep crap.

    The gearbox got a good workout as did the brakes but I barely went over 55mph.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    Last edited by Fastmongrel; 04-24-2022, 11:23 AM.

    #2
    Originally Posted by Fastmongrel View Post
    ...Roads were bone dry and grippy apart from the usual sheep crap....



    If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

    The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

    Comment


      #3
      Originally Posted by Fastmongrel View Post
      filedata/fetch?id=958008&d=1650817061&type=thumb filedata/fetch?id=958009&d=1650817061&type=thumb filedata/fetch?id=958010&d=1650817064&type=thumb filedata/fetch?id=958007&d=1650817060&type=thumb Had a grand day out playing on narrow twisty roads in and around the Forest of Bowland in Lancashire and West Yorkshire. Wasn't particularly warm and was very windy but that probably kept the metal boxes down to a reasonable number. Roads were bone dry and grippy apart from the usual sheep crap.

      The gearbox got a good workout as did the brakes but I barely went over 55mph.
      This is the best area for a Hawk I feel. No need to go over 55 mph to have a blast.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally Posted by harpo View Post

        This is the best area for a Hawk I feel. No need to go over 55 mph to have a blast.
        Well at several points I was following the course of an 1800 year old Roman road and the fastest a Roman legionary went was about 4mph.

        Comment


          #5
          Beautiful countryside.

          How are you getting on with problem with your left hand?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally Posted by DrPMC View Post
            Beautiful countryside.

            How are you getting on with problem with your left hand?
            I have done quite a lot of adjustment to all the contact points but I think the biggest change has been a new pair of thinner palmed gloves. Yesterday I was about 4.5 hours in the saddle and this morning my left wrist was sore and stiff but I am not getting the horrible shooting pains in forearm wrist and thumb.

            Still a ways to go next thing to do is fit grippy knee pads to the tank sides. Then I might see about fitting fork emulator valves to make the fork plusher and less inclined to slam over grids, potholes and bumps.

            It's a work in progress but yesterday I really felt I had made good progress and felt like I was really getting to understand the bike and do series of bends without having to think about it. I still want more powerful brakes though

            Comment

            Working...
            X