F1 Engine startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 Engine startup

Not really motorcycle related but a damn cool video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSHToyGIxWE

wicked shit aint it
    Rob
    88 Street Hawk
    F2 tank, Aztec8 dual 4", Duc seat and CF cowl, Stage 3 jet, Uni Pods, M4 stubby, SV650 clips, controls & fuel pump, GSXR front mc and CFB1000 front caliper, F3 forks upper and internals, Penske 8983, Gino RCR, rear jump plates & R6 pegs and Vapor gauge...
    04 CRF50 pit bike and stunt runner...
    91 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit (she's a runner now...)

Comment

i went to a practice day (friday before the race) for the canadian grandprix in montreal a few years ago.
      man those cars are insaine!
      they have a rumble that you can't hear on tv. you can feel the roar of the motor from 100 yards away.

they can go from 200 mph to 30mph in 100 feet literally.
      the track has a 180 deg hair pin at the end of the longest strait on the track and i watched them start brakeing at the 100 foot marker, well thats what it looked like to me but if they are international maybe its was 100 meters, but it didnt look that far.
      1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

just like JD when he's testing one of his built engines..............
        "Life may begin at 40, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."

• '88 in Candy Flair Blue + '90 in Italian Red
        • Ohlins Rear Shock
        • F2 front wheel
        • VFR750 rear wheel
        • Hiperform seat&headers
        • MSMotorsport Seat Cowl
        • Steve Lenac Tokico six pot caliper

Comment

I guess its a good thing we don't run those in our bikes! If we did we could enjoy an after ride snack of bbq leg! Wow!
          '88 Hawk GT
          '89 Harley FXSTC
          2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

lol

I have gone see them race every year at Indy since they brought them back to the states. They make a completely different sound than the Indy and Champ cars.

It's always one of my best weekends of the year! Loud cars, lots of cold beer, strip joints down the street... oh yeah no wife and kids

And this year I am thinking about taking the Hawk to ride around on.

Rob
            88 Street Hawk
            F2 tank, Aztec8 dual 4", Duc seat and CF cowl, Stage 3 jet, Uni Pods, M4 stubby, SV650 clips, controls & fuel pump, GSXR front mc and CFB1000 front caliper, F3 forks upper and internals, Penske 8983, Gino RCR, rear jump plates & R6 pegs and Vapor gauge...

Comment

Originally Posted by Hawk Jr
              lol

I have gone see them race every year at Indy since they brought them back to the states. They make a completely different sound than the Indy and Champ cars.

It's always one of my best weekends of the year! Loud cars, lots of cold beer, strip joints down the street... oh yeah no wife and kids

And this year I am thinking about taking the Hawk to ride around on.

ya its like comparing motogp to superbike or apples to oranges

if you do take the bike let me know maybe i will drive down there
              south of indy is the only good riding for twisties in this hole state.
              1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

Will do!
                Rob
                88 Street Hawk

Comment

Oldie video but a goodie. That was the long defunct Arrows team. Here is another cool video, a V10 Renault playing "God Save The Queen": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7--6RiFVR8

Comment

Working...
                  X