Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    And we need an airbox...
    if I had CAD skills to design one for printing ...
    Pods are a no-go? Not ideal, but it’s an option.

-P.
    I need a bigger garage.

It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

Comment

FI has air temp and map sensors dificult to attach them to pods, and if we need large or small stacks? But to get the bike running maybe an option but not the end solution.

Comment

And we need an airbox...
        if I had CAD skills to design one for printing ...
        Autodesk Fusion 360 is a free online CAD program that allows you to share your files with other users. It is so simple even an ignoramus like me can use it.
        Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
        I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

I just poured a tall one...and have an idea. Let me try to put some clients to bed and sketch it out real quick. Be great to actually collaborate on this, HP gains be damned.

WW/R
          Life is a journey, not a destination.

Comment

Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post
            I just poured a tall one...and have an idea. Let me try to put some clients to bed and sketch it out real quick. Be great to actually collaborate on this, HP gains be damned.

WW/R
            I think we need the contours from the bottom of the stock fuel tank to the frame
            something like the stock airbox mounted on the top of the throttle bodies that uses the place in the front where the snorkel is mounted for a big flat standard filter as intake.
            I'm to old school I would take so plastic sheeds and cut the holes for the throttle bodies and a head gun to adapt the shape but last 3 years I don't have a place to work on my bikes

Comment

Originally Posted by 69Falcon View Post

Autodesk Fusion 360 is a free online CAD program that allows you to share your files with other users. It is so simple even an ignoramus like me can use it.
              It looks like I'm the biggest ignoramus at this world...
              but design a airbox that fits correctly to the throttle bodies, the engine and the stock tank it's not so easy I think...

Comment

What about modifying an oem air box?
                Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
                I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Originally Posted by 69Falcon View Post
                  What about modifying an oem air box?
                  I try it... I destroy a stock and a nt700 airbox

Comment

You may actually have this bike up and running before I finally start digging in to mine again. I've got more super-secret car projects delaying me.

What are those couplers made from? Do more exist or can they exist and can I throw money at somebody and have a pair?
                    Suzondacati Build Thread

Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

Various parts for sale

Comment

Originally Posted by frinesi2 View Post
                      What are those couplers made from? Do more exist or can they exist and can I throw money at somebody and have a pair?
                      Time ago i made two sets out of PU. Andreas has now a set and the other set is for me. The first thing Andreas did to get a set was 3d scan so we can share the files to make a open sourche project.
                      Last edited by Luis; 07-23-2020, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post

Pods are a no-go? Not ideal, but it’s an option.

-P.
                        They have tough inspections to pass.....not sure pods are allowed by TUV

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post

They have tough inspections to pass.....not sure pods are allowed by TUV
                          TÜV is our biggest problem. They are a lot of things that are not allowed by the German TÜV and if the police catch you with parts that are not TÜV registered in the papers you are riding a not street legal bike that means a lot of money to pay... and noise is one of the biggest issues in Germany if you have a loud bike they will stop you and check everything on the bike .

Comment

TÜV is our biggest problem. They are a lot of things that are not allowed by the German TÜV and if the police catch you with parts that are not TÜV registered in the papers you are riding a not street legal bike that means a lot of money to pay... and noise is one of the biggest issues in Germany if you have a loud bike they will stop you and check everything on the bike .
                            Hi Luis. you mean? " YOUR PAPERS ARE NOT IN ORDER."

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post

Hi Luis. you mean? " YOUR PAPERS ARE NOT IN ORDER."
                              I would prefer to travel worldwide and dont need them.
                              i mean the registration documents... yes

Comment

Can you get away with a plastic sheet bottom, heat to curve and match the area, and use foam weather seal strips to seal that to to bottom of the tank, making the tank the top of the 'airbox? Your sensors then just get put into the sheet from the underside.

Comment

Working...
                                X