X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa Twin - Nurburgring

I just ... holy guacamole ...

Suzondacati Build Thread

Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

Various parts for sale

It's 1000cc's and it's huge.

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
      It's 1000cc's and it's huge.
      That is not what she said.

Comment

Originally Posted by nozzle View Post

That is not what she said.
        Because all her life she's been lied to.

Comment

I want an SUV bike and another honda. I commute 120mi a day and am surrounded by forest roads. I dont want AT weight and insurance. The new 450L has laughable service intervals. I think the 250L Rally is perfect but the suspension is a joke. At 6k OTD i can easily see dumping 2g into it immediately, which basically puts me into AT pricing! I guess i need to ride an AT.

Comment

Originally Posted by mparker View Post
            I want an SUV bike and another honda. I commute 120mi a day and am surrounded by forest roads. I dont want AT weight and insurance. The new 450L has laughable service intervals. I think the 250L Rally is perfect but the suspension is a joke. At 6k OTD i can easily see dumping 2g into it immediately, which basically puts me into AT pricing! I guess i need to ride an AT.
            Honda-Africa-Twin-Enduro-Sports-Concept-2.jpg If you swap the 250 headlight and fairing.....you got this.

Comment

I don't commute as far as you and its not a Honda but... love this bike.

6A5978E2-F084-4087-8DDB-A6C0BA9A1CBD.jpg
              da Hawkster
              Eric

My Blog "The Transformation Rebuild of My 1988 Hawkster"

Comment

singles tend to vibrate more than the twins. There are many moderate ADV bikes, the WeeStrom (V-Strom 650) is the most common. You can make the parallel twin Honda work, for that matter folks have ridden sport bikes to the four corners of the US, so it depends on what you want and what you wanna spend. I enjoy the heck out of my WR250R when I'm not in a hurry, but is has tuning forks, not wings in the logo, get past that and it's gonna meet your requirements.

Comment

Originally Posted by nozzle View Post
                  singles tend to vibrate more than the twins. There are many moderate ADV bikes, the WeeStrom (V-Strom 650) is the most common. You can make the parallel twin Honda work, for that matter folks have ridden sport bikes to the four corners of the US, so it depends on what you want and what you wanna spend. I enjoy the heck out of my WR250R when I'm not in a hurry, but is has tuning forks, not wings in the logo, get past that and it's gonna meet your requirements.
                  My last dual sport was an FZ09 so i know all about that. Ive also rode a dr650, wr250r, 690, 440, wee strom, and 850GSA. I was dissapointed in the tuning forks. I do want a Honda. I can make a bunch of excuses but i really just want the rally. Its new, its fuel injected, insurance will be cheap, gas will be cheap, and most of all i just love the way it looks and its a new bike for around 6k. Maybe spring.
                  20190528_190719.jpg

Comment

Enjoy, or troll ADVrider for a used one thatís been farkled

Comment

My last dual sport was an FZ09 so i know all about that. Ive also rode a dr650, wr250r, 690, 440, wee strom, and 850GSA. I was dissapointed in the tuning forks. I do want a Honda. I can make a bunch of excuses but i really just want the rally. Its new, its fuel injected, insurance will be cheap, gas will be cheap, and most of all i just love the way it looks and its a new bike for around 6k. Maybe spring.
                      20190528_190719.jpg
                      Yamaha-Tenere-700-World-Raid-Tour-2018-10-561x374.jpg I want to see what Yammie does with the 700Tenere..they held off the introduction when KTM did the 800....it's down 20hp....and they plan more engine....

Comment

Yea I was in love with the T7 concept when I had my FZ09. I like this styling direction personally. Its really the only reason I want the Rally. I am still excited to read reviews on the Tenere but man, they came to market way too late. The 790 did completely blow them out of the water. And worse, we will get it a year after the rest of the world.
                        Last edited by mparker; 2 Weeks Ago.

Comment

http://onlymotorbikes.com/public/18/...2008-moto.jpeg
                          Gino
                          Chain Roller

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY

2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
                          2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
                          2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
                          LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
                          ECK RACING

Comment

Yea I was in love with the T7 concept when I had my FZ09. I like this styling direction personally. Its really the only reason I want the Rally. I am still excited to read reviews on the Tenere but man, they came to market way too late. The 790 did completely blow them out of the water. And worse, we will get it a year after the rest of the world.
                            Our resident tuner,Mr.Hord has learned a whole lot about getting the most out of this engine.Always a possibility for that extra 20 ponies.

Comment

Working...
                            X