Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apollo 11 - A bit late, but still an excellent Documentary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo 11 - A bit late, but still an excellent Documentary...

I was one of those lucky kids that grew up in the space race. As an 11-year old, I sat on the den floor with my father as Apollo 11 landed in the Sea of Tranquility. Like most of the billion or so tuned in around the world on our black and white sets, we celebrated with joy when they set down. But I never really knew just how difficult the landing was, with communications nightmares, computer issues, a rock and crater strewn landing area, etc. IMO, this four part Youtube podcast series is probably one of the finest documentaries ever released on the subject. Bill Whitter wrote and presents the series that has some really cool vintage images/film along with the presenters tongue in cheek humor. Hope some of you find the time to tune in and learn/enjoy...

This forum is entirely dedicated to wasting time and money modifying a slow motorcycle. - joel

Nothing like a project to keep you busy, slowly draining funds out of the wallet! - spacetiger

Our Hawks have all the power any mature, sensible rider can use on any street or highway without carrying around excessively unnecessary big-bore weight and power - squirrelman

Bike builds can be and most time are art and expression. To take something mass produced and impersonal and make something personal that you can't stop staring at as you walk away. There is nothing I find more satisfying than looking at something cool and beautiful and thinking "I made that". - 6

I remember watching it as well.You're 2 years my senior.Geezer!

Comment

I thought you were going to be talking about this https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8760684/ We watched it on the 24th, some really outstanding archive footage and well worth a look.
      Thanks for the link to the documentary, we will check it out!
      Oh, and I was only 5 months old at the time

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
        I remember watching it as well.You're 2 years my senior.Geezer!
        Originally Posted by Scot_Hawk View Post
        I thought you were going to be talking about this https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8760684/ We watched it on the 24th, some really outstanding archive footage and well worth a look.
        Thanks for the link to the documentary, we will check it out!
        Oh, and I was only 5 months old at the time
        Youngsters! You're both still wet behind the ears!

Yeah, the CNN documentary on the 70-mm archival film was fantastic. We saw it in IMAX, incredible on the BIG screen. Extremely impressive as the entire theatre shook during the liftoff.

This forum is entirely dedicated to wasting time and money modifying a slow motorcycle. - joel

Nothing like a project to keep you busy, slowly draining funds out of the wallet! - spacetiger

Our Hawks have all the power any mature, sensible rider can use on any street or highway without carrying around excessively unnecessary big-bore weight and power - squirrelman

Bike builds can be and most time are art and expression. To take something mass produced and impersonal and make something personal that you can't stop staring at as you walk away. There is nothing I find more satisfying than looking at something cool and beautiful and thinking "I made that". - 6

Comment

If you're into podcasts, the BBC did an excellent job on "13 Minutes to the Moon".

The first moon landing and the people who made it happen. During the final 13 minutes to the moon’s surface, the Apollo 11 mission almost went badly wrong.

Comment

I wonder how Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" has aged.....it's been awhile.Some things however....are Timeless.

Comment

Working...
            X