Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marc Marquez gets some air…

Vicious…
    Watch "MM_Assen_Crash_FP2_2021_View2" on Streamable.
    Last edited by flyinelvis; 06-25-2021, 09:55 AM.
    This forum is entirely dedicated to wasting time and money modifying a slow motorcycle. - joel

Nothing like a project to keep you busy, slowly draining funds out of the wallet! - spacetiger

Our Hawks have all the power any mature, sensible rider can use on any street or highway without carrying around excessively unnecessary big-bore weight and power - squirrelman

Bike builds can be and most time are art and expression. To take something mass produced and impersonal and make something personal that you can't stop staring at as you walk away. There is nothing I find more satisfying than looking at something cool and beautiful and thinking "I made that". - 6

Hes had one basically every weekend since his return at this point but that was a big one. Pol went down right after him. Rider okay. All the Honda riders are wadding them up left and right. Seems theres some work to do on that package this year if the results didn't tell the story enough. Interestingly they did have a new frame to try at Assen and this was his first time out on it. Im sure the damp track didnt help. Full wet session after his incident. Great to see Gerloff out there again and for a full weekend this time. He had a crash as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by mparker View Post
      Hes had one basically every weekend since his return at this point but that was a big one. Pol went down right after him. Rider okay. All the Honda riders are wadding them up left and right. Seems theres some work to do on that package this year if the results didn't tell the story enough. Interestingly they did have a new frame to try at Assen and this was his first time out on it. Im sure the damp track didnt help. Full wet session after his incident. Great to see Gerloff out there again and for a full weekend this time. He had a crash as well.
      He has had a rough go.

I wonder if that bike is a bike that can be easily ridden by him at 95%. We have seen time and again no one else can ride it well . . . Can he if he isn't completely on form??

I also worry that Yamaha is going down a similar road. Building a bike that can win in the hands of one rider and alienating the rest of the field while doing it..

I hope they learn from Honda and don't just tailor the bike to Fabio. We have seen the flaws in that plan this year and last.

Marc been back out since that get off?
      Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Originally Posted by flyinelvis View Post
        Vicious…
        Things I should not watch 7 hours before I'm supposed to be on track.

Comment

It was nice to see him win last time out, looks like he opened the throttle too early or too much, just shows how close to the edge they are.

Comment

Originally Posted by yorkshire View Post
            It was nice to see him win last time out, looks like he opened the throttle too early or too much, just shows how close to the edge they are.
            I wonder what role traction control played in turning that from a low side into a high side.

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post

I wonder what role traction control played in turning that from a low side into a high side.
              I saw an article earlier where he is saying its the bikes and honda causing the issues. I just saw the article title and didn't get to read up on it further. will be interesting to read later,
              88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
              89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
              90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Comment

Apparently quite a bit, and Marquez was not happy about it.
                https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/98...on-control-fix
                ASMA #139

Comment

I also worry that Yamaha is going down a similar road. Building a bike that can win in the hands of one rider and alienating the rest of the field while doing it..

I hope they learn from Honda and don't just tailor the bike to Fabio. We have seen the flaws in that plan this year and last.

And the official news this morning is Maverick is ending his contract early and leaving Yamaha at the end of this year...

Comment

Originally Posted by mparker View Post
                    And the official news this morning is Maverick is ending his contract early and leaving Yamaha at the end of this year...
                    Working in the race industry, I find most drivers (riders) are head cases. Maverick fits the bill. Happy when on top, pouting when they aren't. I understand (to some extent) that mindset. They need to think they are winners, can't (shouldn't) be beat. Hell, we finished second on Saturday and the driver threw our engineering department (of which I work) under the bus on "national" TV. He turns around and wins yesterday and everything was just hunky dory. Thanks the entire team AND engineering. Whatevs...

Is Aprillia just inheriting a problem? They really need a top notch rider to team with Espargo (who has been instrumental in developing the bike). Could Maverick unzip that development? Pol did so much to develop the KTM, he leaves for Honda and he's a second tier rider (at least at the moment). So be careful what you ask for Maverick, you just might get it. The grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side...
                    This forum is entirely dedicated to wasting time and money modifying a slow motorcycle. - joel

Nothing like a project to keep you busy, slowly draining funds out of the wallet! - spacetiger

Our Hawks have all the power any mature, sensible rider can use on any street or highway without carrying around excessively unnecessary big-bore weight and power - squirrelman

Bike builds can be and most time are art and expression. To take something mass produced and impersonal and make something personal that you can't stop staring at as you walk away. There is nothing I find more satisfying than looking at something cool and beautiful and thinking "I made that". - 6

Comment

Originally Posted by flyinelvis View Post

Working in the race industry, I find most drivers (riders) are head cases. Maverick fits the bill. Happy when on top, pouting when they aren't. I understand (to some extent) that mindset. They need to think they are winners, can't (shouldn't) be beat. Hell, we finished second on Saturday and the driver threw our engineering department (of which I work) under the bus on "national" TV. He turns around and wins yesterday and everything was just hunky dory. Thanks the entire team AND engineering. Whatevs...

Is Aprillia just inheriting a problem? They really need a top notch rider to team with Espargo (who has been instrumental in developing the bike). Could Maverick unzip that development? Pol did so much to develop the KTM, he leaves for Honda and he's a second tier rider (at least at the moment). So be careful what you ask for Maverick, you just might get it. The grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side...
                      I saw a meme the other day.. it said
                      "yes the grass is greener on that side.....

because you are not over there fucking it up."

Aprilia needs dovi, pedrosa, they need Cal, that need someone who has ridden everything under the sun and in the shade.. they have their hot shoe. Time to get a vet to work with him. Imo

Mavric will suffer his same issues wherever he is.

Comment

I saw a meme the other day.. it said
                        "yes the grass is greener on that side.....

because you are not over there fucking it up."

Aprilia needs dovi, pedrosa, they need Cal, that need someone who has ridden everything under the sun and in the shade.. they have their hot shoe. Time to get a vet to work with him. Imo

Mavric will suffer his same issues wherever he is.
                        I agree, Mav is never going to be the guy. Probably 2 seats open at Petronas though. Gerloffs name being thrown around a lot right now is exciting. Aprilias bike does look better this year but Dovi not making a deal may be telling about its real level or the organization. Seems like he has every opportunity to join that team but would still rather be unemployed. I know hes ridden the bike at least twice now.

Comment

Working...
                        X